A Water Intrusion Quickly Becomes a Mold Problem
When there is a water intrusion, like a roof leak or leaking water line, mold can quickly become a problem in your home. Mold can cause health effects and significant damage to your property. Fortunately, the team at SERVPRO of Toms River, has the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem. Although every mold damage scenario is different requiring a unique solution, the general remediation process stays the same. The following steps illustrate a “typical” mold removal process:
- Call 732-349-9898 and we will ask you a series of questions to help us determine the necessary equipment, resources, and personnel needed for your mold problem.
- We will carefully inspect for signs of mold using technology designed to detect mold and hidden water sources, sometimes hidden from plain view.
- Containment procedures may need to be set up to further prevent spreading and isolate the contaminated area with physical barriers and negative air pressure to keep the mold spores from spreading during the cleanup process.
- Specialized filtration equipment will capture microscopic mold spores out of the air. We will utilize our powerful air scrubbers and HEPA vacuums to prevent the spread of these spores while the process is in progress.
- The remediation process depends on the amount of mold growth and the types of surfaces on which the mold appears. We will use antifungal and antimicrobial treatments to eliminate mold colonies and help prevent new ones from forming. Removing and disposing of mold-infested porous materials, like drywall and flooring, may be necessary to remediate heavy growth.
- Cleaning furniture, decorative items, curtains and other restorable items that are affected comes next. We use a variety of cleaning techniques to clean and sanitize your belongings along with removing odors and deodorization using fogging equipment.
- Finally, depending on the level of damage and removing what was necessary, installing new drywall, subfloors, carpeting, etc. and painting may be necessary to finish the restoration process
SERVPRO of Toms River is a trusted leader in the restoration industry. Locally owned and operated, we live and work here and are proud to be part of this community. We are proud to provide mold remediation services in our local communities.