Recent Commercial Posts
SERVPRO of Toms River Commercial Damage Restoration Services
An air conditioner drain clogged and caused flooding to this office in Ocean Gate, NJ.
When it comes to your commercial property, you need a restoration company that can minimize the disruption while delivering superior and fast results. Whether you need water or fire damage cleanup, mold removal, storm cleanup, flood cleanup, sewage removal, bio-hazard cleanup, professional cleaning services or Covid-19 cleaning services, SERVPRO of Toms River handles it all. We are your local commercial cleanup experts. We service:
- Office Buildings
- High-Rise Office Buildings
- Apartment Buildings
- Hotels and Motel
- Retail Stores
- High-Rise Buildings
- Manufacturing Buildings
- Industrial Parks
- Flex Buildings
- Suites or Condominiums
- Multi-Dwelling Units and Buildings
- Medical Buildings
- Government Buildings
- Military Buildings
A professional commercial water damage restoration company, like SERVPRO of Toms River, will have the knowledge and experience to mitigate these risks, as well as restore your property. our technicians are trained and certified to handle any commercial water damage restoration project. We can assist you through every step of the process and help return your property back to a state of normalcy.
SERVPRO of Toms River Emergency Water Damage Cleanup for Your Business
Fire suppression system pipe broke on the second floor affecting the business' entire first floor with water damage.
If you are a Bayville, Beachwood or Ocean Gate business owner, any kind of water damage to your facility needs to be remedied quickly with the least amount of downtime to your daily business functions. A call to SERVPRO of Toms River will help you get water damage repaired and restored in order to minimize downtime and prevent loss of revenue.
What to Expect When You First Call SERVPRO of Toms River for Help After You Experience a Water Damage at Your Business?
With your initial call to our office, we will need to know several important details and information regarding your water damage emergency. This will help us determine what equipment and resources are needed when to arrive on site to begin the water cleanup process:
- Your name, contact information and position with the business
- Your insurance information, if applicable
- Location and street address of your water damaged business
- The date you first noticed the water damage
- The cause of the water loss, if known
- Is power or electricity available
- What area or areas have been affected
Whatever size the water damage is to your business, we have the experience and equipment to deal with it. We will help you understand the severity of the water damage to your building so that you’re able to make the best decisions on moving forward with the restoration process. Whether you’re dealing with minor water damage to your commercial property or a large-loss event, we can develop a restoration plan to help ensure your property is clean, dry and restored to its pre-damaged condition.
SERVPRO of Toms River only uses the most advanced equipment to detect hidden moisture and extract standing water. We will work closely with you and the any other occupants of your building during the restoration process to have as little disruption as possible to your daily business activities.
Why Use SERVPRO of Toms River for Your Commercial Damage Emergencies
A local business in Toms River using our high efficiency equipment to quickly dry out the structure.
No matter whether your Toms River business is a tiny boutique or a vast warehouse and distribution center, expert assistance is needed to return to preloss condition after a water emergency. Our highly-qualified crews rely on world-class training from the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC) and up-to-date commercial-grade, high efficient equipment to evacuate water swiftly and dry out structural components and contents.
To remove the water swiftly, SERVPRO of Toms River stocks adequate inventories of equipment designed precisely for that purpose on our signature green service vehicles. The workhorses are submersible pumps and truck-mounted extractors. Both these types of removal equipment operate even if your electricity is temporarily disconnected. Pumps are gas-powered, and truck-mounted extractors use onboard generators. Once the bulk of the water exits, portable extractors help suction up the remaining standing water, able to reach the confined areas and recesses where water migrated.
How does your business set itself apart and inspire confidence with your customers and employees?
Take an additional step to make sure your business has received a higher cleaning standard with Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Many businesses are tasked not only with navigating the constantly changing guidelines set forth NJ but are also learning a new way of doing business. Regardless of what industry you are in, every business in our state has had to make difficult but necessary decisions to develop a strategic plan to remain open during a pandemic. Business owners and employees are now placing a higher emphasis on cleanliness and sanitation in the workplace, for not only their employees to feel safe, but for the safety of their customers as well.
Commercial Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned for COVID-19 Cleaning
Our Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned program is the answer. With a tailored cleaning program that is customized for your business needs, our expertly trained staff cleans and decontaminates your property according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention standards. We use EPA-approved cleaning solutions, including our proprietary cleaning agent SERVPROXIDE, a hospital-grade disinfectant that is NSF certified for direct food contact surface use.
As a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned participant, you’ll provide reassurance to your customers and employees that you’re taking all the steps needed to get the highest level of clean for them. This dedication will be on display through a decal window emblem, and other digital marks to show your commitment to clean.
Is There Anything More Traumatic for a Business Then Discovering a Fire Has Struck?
SERVPRO of Toms River is Here to Help 24/7.
Whether you get a call from the fire department about a fire at your business or arrive there and see a fire truck putting out flames, both are devastating and shocking. Once the initial shock wears off, call SERVPRO of Toms River as soon as possible. We provide expert fire damage cleanup services designed for business in New Jersey. We will return your Ocean County business to its pre-disaster state quickly, while minimizing the impact and interruption to your business as much as possible.
What can I do until help arrives at my business?
- You may walk through AFTER it is deemed safe but not without gloves, eye protection, a face-mask, and a respirator to keep smoke particles off your skin and out of your lungs.
- Although the fire may have only affected one area of your Toms River business, smoke can permeate a larger area. Try and ventilate the building by opening windows and running fans, if possible.
- Smoke can cause malfunctions in the mechanisms so be sure to inspect and appliances before turning them on.
- Always throw away any perishable food items that may have been exposed to smoke and never try to save them.
- Change the filter in your air conditioner unit before you turn it on because soot most likely will have accumulated there.
Why can you always count on SERVPRO of Toms River for your commercial fire damage emergency?
- We offer 24 hour emergency service
- We utilize state-of-the-art cleaning and restoration technology
- We are faster to any size disaster
- We are a trusted leader in the fire restoration industry with over
- Our crew is highly trained in fire damage cleanup
- We are locally owned and operated
Our fire damage cleanup crew is just a phone call away, operating 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Call us at 732-349-9898 for all your emergency commercial fire needs.
What Is the Fastest Water Removal Method for a Lakehurst Church?
This Lakehurst church had a pipe leak in the ceiling and water damage throughout the first floor and basement.
Our SERVPRO Team Can Help with Efficient Extraction, Drying and Cleaning to Get Students and Faculty Back Quickly
When water losses affect Lakehurst churches, there are so many individuals affected. Each of these disasters can force a temporary shutdown of the facility, or at least closing off a portion of the building. Preventing foot traffic through the damaged area is an essential way for students to get injured by slips or rapidly changing conditions in standing water scenarios.
Water removal for Lakehurst churches involves a blend of talented professionals like our SERVPRO team meeting the changing situation of substantial water damage with advanced tools and technologies. Finding the most efficient method for extraction and drying is our technicians' priority as soon as we arrive at the damaged location. We can establish containment barriers to limit traffic through the drying zone when our professionals begin with mitigation.
What Are the Risks of Standing Water?
Pooling water in any church can be a dangerous situation for the staff and members exposed. Other considerations make standing water a concern for your church. Here are some of the ways that this substantial water loss effect can be detrimental to your facilities:
You might not think about how standing water could affect tile flooring throughout the hallways. This water can be even more compromising when the water loss occurs in areas with concrete floors, unpainted masonry walls, drywall, or when the water damage occurs in ceiling cavities.
Breaks in the plumbing to fixtures like water fountains can deposit high volumes of water on tile flooring, which can spread quickly throughout your school's entire wing. Though its initial position might not be immediately destructive, where water travels could cause considerable damage elsewhere in the building.
Standing water in Lakehurst is too great of a risk for your parishioners, so until resolving the situation, there is little that you can do with this portion of the church. Running at a compromised state puts the strain on resources and the staff to keep meeting the demands of parishioners without space and means to do so more efficiently.
How Do You Remove Surface Water?
As much as you might want to get this situation resolved as soon as possible, considerable extraction needs exceed your custodial staff's available equipment and expertise. By trusting our SERVPRO team to help, we can showcase multiple practical tools and devices that can remove surface water and prepare the area for drying efficiently. Some of these cutting-edge tools in our arsenal are:
Submersible pumps are ideal for when any standing water in your school exceeds two inches in depth. Beneath two inches, more air is getting into the pump than water, making it impossible to maintain an appropriate prime of suction to remove the pool.
With lower depths of standing water, the appropriate tool for removal is the wet vacuum. This vacuum is a versatile piece of equipment that can work as a standalone extractor, but also get fitted with multiple attachments to improve its effectiveness with specific materials. The squeegee wand is an excellent example of one that might get used on the tile and concrete flooring throughout most of the school.
- Conventional Sopping Approaches
Several instances in which mopping and sopping up the water might work for any lingering surface moisture. In most cases, our SERVPRO professionals work to remove most of the water present with other strategies before finalizing these efforts with conventional toweling.
Can SERVPRO Help to Resolve the Cause of the Water Damage?
We have skilled professionals on our team that have the knowledge and the experience to repair and rebuild your building after a water loss. Take the time to inspect the origin of the water losses to determine the likelihood of recurrence. Repairs can address both the immediate damage and the use of preventative maintenance. By choosing our team, you are getting:
- In-House Contractors
- Thorough Inspections
- Quality Repairs
How Fast Can Parishioners Get Back After Water Losses?
It is always our priority to get staff and parishioners back to the damaged portions of the facility as soon as possible. Even if the loss incident does not force a total shutdown, it can strain resources and test the available space limitations. We can work efficiently to get you back to preloss conditions faster than you might have expected.
No matter how our professionals can help after a water loss incident, you can reach our SERVPRO of Toms River 24/7 by calling (732) 349-9898.
Can Efficient Cleaning Happen After a Fire in My Toms River Shop?
This business has soot damage throughout the building after a fire struck their Toms River property.
Fires Can Leave Your Entire Structure Damaged, Making it Vital to get Cleaning and Recovery Efforts Started as Soon as Possible
After a fire loss incident, cleaning up can often reduce the cost of a fire damage claim for Toms River shops. As restoration professionals, we have seen some of the destructive powers of fire losses throughout commercial properties. This damage can become especially problematic when your wares and stock also become impacted by the structure fire. Fast and direct restoration and cleaning approaches can protect these potentially damaged items and get your doors back open quickly for your customers and staff.
The term fire damage for Toms River shops like yours can indicate multiple problems simultaneously. From the direct structural damage resulting from widespread combustion to lingering residues and coatings on the walls from smoke damage, cleaning is not a one size fits all solution for each building. Despite the obstacles that exist with cleanup and recovery, it is often a more cost-efficient approach to returning your property to the preloss condition when your insurance company has become involved in damage claim efforts.
What Information Gets Collected in the Job Scoping Phase?
The job scoping phase is one of the vital efforts that our SERVPRO team begins as soon as we arrive. This inspection and evaluation of your property help us determine the structure's condition and what must get done to restore it. Careful documentation and readings get conducted during this phase to ensure that all parties, including our fire restoration professionals and the insurance adjusters, know what to expect when restoration and mitigation efforts begin shortly after that. Job scoping seeks to determine:
- Environmental Conditions – The conditions in the environment can vary from one fire-damaged structure to the next. Often, circulating particles like soot can have hazardous effects on those exposed. Air quality control, as well as many different emergency services, must occur before other restoration actions can take place.
- Content Damage – Because your shop is your livelihood, you are often concerned with how damaged your stock and wares have become. Careful evaluation on an item-by-item basis can help designate which corrective actions can happen on-site in which your content needs restoring in our nearby warehouse.
- Structure Damage – There is no mistaking how destructive fires in Toms River can be to the building itself. Structural damage must get addressed as soon as possible because breaches in the building's envelope affect how efficient and thorough restoration actions like cleaning, drying, and deodorization can be.
- Estimated Costs – Job scoping is also vital for our project manager and crew chief to determine the work's estimated costs. Documentation of the damage and the corrective actions needed to recover the property helps the insurance company designate the appropriate amounts for the restoration of the building and its affected items.
What Are the Primary Principles of Cleaning Smoke-Damaged Items?
Smoke-damaged items are not uncommon to see after a structure fire in a small shop. Not only can the building's contents become affected by these residues, wall services, counters, and flooring can also become damaged. There are specific factors that we must consider with each of these restoration approaches when cleaning smoke residues:
- Identify the Residue – There are multiple types of smoke residues that can impact your property, from wet smoke damage, a thick residue to dry smoke damage, which often appears more like a chalky film.
- Identify the Affected Materials – The type of material affected underneath the residue can also impact the cleaning choice made. Specific abrasive cleaning techniques might damage or scratch sensitive surfaces.
- Choose Appropriate Cleaning Method – With dozens of possible cleaning approaches for smoke residues, several get implemented on every job site. We have situations where soda blasting can be most efficient, while emulsification with water-based solvents might be best in other areas.
Is Cleaning a Better Choice Than Replacement?
Insurance companies often view restoration and cleaning as more desirable rather than replacement. Replacement indicates that materials or contents have become too damaged to preserve and must get discarded. Cleaning is more than resurfacing and refinishing, although these approaches can be cost-efficient against replacing the materials altogether. Advantages to cleaning include:
- Less Money
- Faster than Replacement
- Desirable Alternative to Resurfacing
No matter how destructive fire damages can be to your shop, our SERVPRO of Toms River team can quickly respond. Give us a call whenever disasters strike at (732) 349-9898.
How Can I Rid My Toms River Business of the Smoke and Soot Residues Left After A Fire?
This commercial business in Toms River sustained a fire and the entire building had to have smoke and soot damage cleaned by SERVPRO of Toms River.
Have the experts at SERVPRO restore your Toms River business.
Each day that your Toms River business is shut down can mean the difference between making payroll that week and keeping the lights on long enough to catch up. Even a minor disaster, such as an electrical fire in the breakroom, can mean additional weeks without customers and income.
How bad can it get and what can you do about it?
In any business in Toms River, commercial fire damage can be extremely costly if residues from burning material attach themselves to every surface. SERVPRO Restoration Technicians are trained to deal remove these residues without damaging automobile paint and preserve other property not physically touched by open flames.
What is the process to preserve my inventory?
Our first task is to quickly inspect each vehicle and determine which cleaning/removal method is needed.
- Dry Wiping – In most cases, this is our first method. Technicians use cloths and soft brushes to remove dry, powdery residues left behind after a very hot, quick-burning fire.
- Wet Wiping – Best used on sticky residues left on surfaces from a slower-burning and lower temperature fire. Here, technicians use the minimum amount of water or cleaner needed to break up the residue for removal with soft brushes without affecting the surface underneath it.
Are those the only methods to restore my business?
No. SERVPRO technicians have an extensive inventory of chemical agents and tools to remove residues from other surfaces to include linoleum, wall paneling, paint, and concrete. Our personnel uses many of these same agents to eliminate the pungent odors left behind after a fire in your business.
To learn more about what SERVPRO of Toms River can do for your home, or to schedule a service appointment, call (732) 349-9898 today. We are here for you
Is Your Toms River Beauty Salon At Risk Of Mold Damage?
For help with mold damage in your business, call SERVPRO of Toms River at (732) 349-9898.
Toms River Business Owners Are Keen To Avoid Mold Damage?
If you have a beauty salon in Toms River, you know that creating a welcoming environment is vital. You want your clients to feel at home from the moment they step in the door, and of course, you want your business to look and feel professional.
Mold damage in a Toms River salon is not good for your reputation, because:
• Mold makes a building look unkempt
• The fungus has a distinctive unpleasant smell
• Fungal growth often occurs at the same time as other visible signs of damp problems, such as water stains or peeling wallpaper
How does mold grow?
Mold is a naturally-occurring fungus that is present throughout nature. Mold feeds on organic materials such as:
• Wood, including window and door frames
• Paper products such as appointment books, magazines, or wallpaper
• Cloth and textiles such as aprons, chair covers, and towels
• Certain paints and adhesives?
In addition to a food source, mold also requires moisture, oxygen, and the correct temperature (between 77 – 86 degrees Fahrenheit.)
How does mold spread?
Mold spores can survive in conditions that mold cannot grow in. When they find the right conditions, they can start propagating. Mold spores are microscopic, which means they can easily travel on air currents, your staff’s uniforms, and your customers’ clothes and bags. When the spores find a hospitable environment, they can grow a new colony.
Is my salon at risk of mold damage?
Salons provide plenty of moisture in the form of hair washing stations, basins, and liquid products. And there is plenty of organic material available for mold spores to grow. A salon can provide a suitable breeding ground for mold, so it is essential to be vigilant.
How can SERVPRO help?
Our teams include mold remediation specialists who can assist you with any fungal problems. SERVPRO will assess the situation, set up containment so spores cannot escape, and clean up the mold.
Because mold occurs naturally, we cannot prevent it from returning. However, we can dry your salon and take care of any problem areas that are attracting mold. We can also give you tips on making your salon less attractive to mold in the future.
For help with mold damage in your business, call SERVPRO of Toms River at (732) 349-9898.
Local Beachwood Water Damage Removal Near Me?
If you need professional water damage remediation services, don't hesitate to reach out for help.
SERVPRO Can Send Expert Technicians to Your Beachwood Laundromat!
Water damage is a nightmare for any Beachwood business owner. However, for anyone who owns a business specifically built around self-service and ease of convenience, it can be a significant loss for your establishment. Here at SERVPRO, we don't want you to have to keep your doors closed any longer than possible. If you find damage on your property, trust us to help you.
Imagine how dealing with water damage in your Beachwood laundromat might affect your business. First and foremost, water is never good for equipment, and your store is stocked full of both washing and drying machines. Secondly, your store cannot run while water is puddled on the floor, potentially pushing your hard-earned customers into your competitors' hands.
How Can SERVPRO Help Me Clean Up the Water Fast?
Our technicians are expertly trained, and we're always ready to help. Don't hesitate if the damage on your property happens:
• During the night
• On a weekend
• Over a holiday
We know water damage waits for no one and never waits for a good time to inconvenience someone. Thus, we make sure we're always available, no matter when you need our services.
What Can SERVPRO Use to Get Rid of the Water Damage?
Here at SERVPRO, our technicians have access to advanced technological equipment. To clean up the standing water and ensure that your property is adequately dry, we can use:
• Wet/dry vacuums
• Flood drying mats
Our technicians have IICRC (Institution of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification.) They are expertly trained and can help remediate your property swiftly with their many years of experience. Our equipment is crucial to us, and we know yours is essential to you. While helping you, we can do our best to ensure your machinery stays in optimal condition.
If you need professional water damage remediation services, don't hesitate to reach out for help. Call us at SERVPRO of Toms River by dialing (732) 349-9898. We can help you open the doors of your business again.
How Do I Remove Flood Water from My Berkeley Township Restaurant?
We understand the need for swift response to water damage incidents in your business property. Let us help get you back to business as usual.
Efficient extraction allows for faster restoration overall, so our SERVPRO team provides the industry-leading tools for water removal to flood loss in your restaurant.
Flooding is one of the most destructive forces for a commercial property, and your Berkeley Township restaurant can become quickly impaired by these rapidly worsening conditions. As challenging as the management of these situations might be for property owners, many still hesitate to reach out to professional restoration teams like ours immediately. With fast response to these emergencies, we can work to establish the appropriate containment.
Much like potential mold growth and microbial loss, flood damage to your Berkeley Township restaurant can force you to act quickly to protect both your customer base and your reputation. Providing the appropriate information during your first notice of loss is critical to ensure that our responding technicians arrive with the right tools and equipment. Preparedness gets restoration accomplished more efficiently and works to keep restoration costs within a specific price point.
What Kind of Flood Are You Facing?
Flooding is a general term for several different unique circumstances that can threaten your business. The penetration points are often determining factors in knowing the damage that you are facing. With natural flooding situations that could have encountered substances like sewage and other threatening chemicals, the threat becomes contaminants on surfaces and furniture in your eatery. Clean water incidents can be just as structurally compromising if exposure continues unabated for too long. Identifying the type of threat ensures that our professionals arrive with not only the right tools and technologies to make a difference but our licensed commercial contractors as necessary to provide temporary construction solutions and repairs. Some of the most common flood scenarios include:
- Roof Flooding – Damage to the roof of your building during a storm can leave your property vulnerable to water penetration. While these are clean water incidents, the water can spread throughout the entire building from a single breach when an upper floor or attic storage space gets flooded.
- Natural Flooding – In almost any season or conditions of the year, steady rainfall or precipitation can lead to the rising creeks, streams, and other water bodies around the area. Lower-lying properties like your restaurant could have water penetrate the main building level as several feet of migrating water moves through the region.
- Flash Flooding – These flood scenarios develop quickly and expose any vulnerabilities in your structure with a fast rush of floodwater. Much like natural flooding situations, flash floods must get contaminated.
- Wind-Driven Flooding – With structural weaknesses like missing siding, damaged masonry, or broken windows in the building, torrential rainfall, and other precipitation events can force water inside the structure.
How Bad is the Damage?
Identifying the severity of the situation is one of the critical components of successful restoration and recovery. When our professionals first arrive, we determine the spread and severity of the flooding through an intricate and thorough evaluation of the property with a job scoping phase. This step helps to pinpoint damaged areas, water migration, compromised contents, and areas in need of immediate attention by our professionals. It can also indicate where specific practices might need to get implemented to protect unaffected areas of your restaurant and work to keep flooding from destroying your whole building. Some of these include:
What Tools Are Best for Extraction?
Because there are so many areas where standing and pooling water can be a threat in the restaurant, the appropriate extraction tools make the difference in the efficiency of recovery. These tools vary based on the severity of the situation and the presence of solids in the water. The right extraction solutions can often prevent the flooding from migrating into more damaging areas like the dining room when penetration began in the kitchen. Some of the tools used for water removal by our professionals include:
Does My Restaurant Need to Close?
It is always our intention to keep businesses open whenever possible, but this is unwise in situations where contamination or microbial threats could be a factor. These are not only hazardous but can damage your reputation. Our SERVPRO team works around the clock to make flood losses “Like it never even happened,” so you can get your doors back open again quickly.
As threatening as flooding can be, the right professional presence can resolve it fast. You can rely on the response and experience of our SERVPRO of Toms River technicians. Give us a call anytime at (732) 349-9898.
What Delays Restoration of Fire Damage in Toms River Properties?
If fire damage occurs in your home, it can be difficult to deal with. Contact SERVPRO to remediate the damage.
SERVPRO Can Help Evaluate the Loss at Your Premises to Determine the Fastest Restoration Approach
After a fire ravages your business premises, you are likely to focus on cleanup and restoration to reopen as fast as possible. If all goes according to plan, your business can resume within the desired time. Sometimes, the opposite happens, delaying your plans.
Can my actions delay recovery after a fire incident?
Although immediate action after a fire damage incident in Toms River is essential, your actions can end up lengthening the recovery process, especially if you do not understand the loss clearly. From the experiences our SERVPRO crews have resolving such incidents, a typical restoration exercise involves:
- Cleaning fire residues and other soils
- Drying wetness introduced during cleaning or firefighting
- Demolition and rebuilding of damaged sections
- Odor management
Overlooking any steps or mixing them up can delay the outcome you desire. For instance, cleaning before demolishing walls or ceilings to remove damaged materials would be a waste of resources since you would end up repeating cleaning.
How do I tell the right restoration approach?
Each fire damage incident is unique depending on:
- How long the fire burns
- The type of materials you have at the premises
- The method used to quell the fire
One way to restore the damage with confidence is by first doing a thorough scope to establish the specific details of the loss. Our SERVPRO technicians help with such scoping to reveal factors such as whether residues deposits on surfaces are predominantly wet or dry smoke, the extent of charring or materials, or the level of water intrusion into materials. We also determine whether there is a need for content move-out. The information gained from the evaluation helps identify any issues that may delay restoration.
SERVPRO of Toms River can help you expedite restoration after a fire. Call us any time at (732) 349-9898 to assist. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Click here for more information about Toms River.
Is It Safe to Keep Toms River Municipal Building Open After Water Damage?
SERVPRO of Toms River has the tools and mitigation strategies to keep your business up and running. Call us today!
Our SERVPRO Team Has Efficient Containment Strategies to Keep You Going After a Disaster
Water emergencies vary in size and severity, but you always must consider residents and staff coming through your Toms River municipal building when there are potential hazards. Addressing standing water, saturation, or elevated relative humidity can all be causes for concern, but our SERVPRO team can limit exposure with the implementation of containment barriers.
Containment can mean many things to respond to mitigation specialists of our team, but in every sense, it involves addressing water damage in your Toms River structure. From fast extraction solutions to dozens of air movers working simultaneously to begin evaporative drying needs in the designated damaged zone, containment can benefit your commercial property in several ways.
How does containment benefit your municipal building?
- Limit the water damaged area so that you can remain open in a limited capacity
- Designates a drying area to make evaporative efforts more efficient
- Prevents cross-contamination
Keeping you going after a disaster is critical. Let our SERVPRO of Toms River help by calling (732) 349-9898.
More about Toms River.
How Do I Remove Water Damage from my Toms River Restaurant?
Our experts at SERVPRO of Toms River can restore your kitchen to it's pre-water damage condition.
SERVPRO Can Help You Remove Water Damage from Your Restaurant’s Kitchen
US citizens are expected to experience as much as 14,000 water damage situations per day, and that includes commercial facilities. Restaurants can be especially prone to damage, between conveyor dishwasher failures, plumbing leaks, and refrigeration malfunctions. Even with constant vigilance, disasters can happen that saturate kitchen spaces or even the dining area.
If your eatery in Toms River has been affected by water damage, your local SERVPRO can begin the mitigation process within hours of your call. These Institute of Inspection Cleanup and Restoration Certification (IICRC)-certified professionals receive extensive education in the standards expected for commercial mitigation and reconstruction. This SERVPRO is also licensed to render general contracting services (#13VH04999700).
Stopping Water Damage Before It Starts
- Formulate a plan. This planning should include a list of emergency responders, including electricians, plumbers, and disaster mitigation professionals. You may also want to consider adding a cold storage facility in case of a power outage or refrigeration failure.
- Maintain your inventory. Take proper precautions to prevent water damage to food items, such as storing them a few feet above the floor. Keep track of essential appliances, kitchenware, dishes, and cleaning supplies so that you know what you need and can quickly compile information about water damage losses based on a pre-existing, up-to-date inventory.
- Inspect your facilities. This assessment includes freezers and refrigerators, plumbing, grease traps, pump systems, drains, downspouts, HVAC, and any other area that may be vulnerable to water.
- Take preventative measures. Water sensors near vulnerable areas can alert you to damage before it becomes a large-scale disaster.
SERVPRO Restores Carpeting Fast
If carpet on your property is saturated, SERVPRO technicians use a variety of techniques to minimize damage and prevent delamination. Wet areas can be pulled up and tented so that air movers and dehumidifiers can dry both above and beneath carpeting.
If the flooring or subflooring underneath is wet, technicians can restore them with the help of high-grade extraction tools. Odor control can also be performed by directly spraying or injecting carpeting with EPA-registered antimicrobial solutions or commercial-grade deodorizing agents.
SERVPRO of Toms River serves local businesses by being Faster to Any Size Disaster. You can call (732) 349-9898 for commercial mitigation at any time of the day or night.
For more about Toms River click here.
Keeping First Responders Safe and Healthy
Equipped with the necessary safety apparatus and cleaning products, we can help transform unhealthy environments back into clean, safe clean ones.
Another curve crushing deep disinfecting today for the brave EMT’s at Silverton First Aid Squad. A huge thank you to Blue Wave Printing for offsetting costs with their collection of donations. A spectacular example of our community coming together to flatten the curve and helping keep our First Responders as safe as we can.
SERVPRO of Toms River offers cleaning services ranging from cleaning restaurant hoods to removing biohazard contaminants. Call us at 732-349-9898 today.
Why Use the Professionals at SERVPRO of Toms River for Your Commercial Water Loss
This is just one step in the water mitigation process by SERVPRO of Toms River at this office in Brick, NJ.
From a broken water line to an overflowing toilet, water damage can happen anytime to any commercial property.
You may think that repairing water damage on your own will save your business tons of money, unfortunately, that is not what usually happens. If you do not have the proper knowledge, equipment and training in water damage mitigation and restoration, you can end up causing more damage and significantly increasing the cost of cleanup and repairs.
The extent of water damage can be deceiving as much of it can get absorbed into the porous building materials of the property. Water is stealthy and you may miss it in hidden areas that are not noticeable to human eyes. It can easily find its way into small cracks and crevices causing major damage behind the walls, in the ceiling, and under the floors.
Hiring SERVPRO of Toms River to do the restoration right away will prevent the water from becoming absorbed into the building materials causing extensive damage to your commercial property. Since water damage cleanup is a time sensitive process, you need us there quickly. The longer the water remains, it will aid mold growth and allow secondary water damage to incur. We are available 24/7 for your business emergency. As soon as you notice water damage in your home, call your local us to restore your business to preloss condition and bring it back to "Like to never even happened."
Corroded Pipes at Local Dental Office Cause Water Damage
A local dental office in Bayville, NJ was surprised to find water damage on the their floors when they returned to the office.
A commercial dental office had a flood in areas of their building caused by corroded pipes attached to the water filtration system. Corrosion of pipes is due to physical and chemical reactions between the pipe material and water. In simple words, the metal from the piping dissolves into the water from various causes. Depending on the degree of the reaction, a new piping system can show signs of corrosion in as little as two years. If you are dealing with an older home, corrosion is always a risk. With corrosion comes restricted water flow and in extreme cases, cruddy water.
The rate of pipe corrosion is commonly associated with the following factors:
- Alkaline water, with a high pH level above 8.5.
- Acidic water, with a low pH level under 7.0.
- An elevated level of dissolved oxygen in the water.
- A high level of dissolved salts in the water, known as Total Dissolved Solids (TDS).
- Electrochemical issues, most commonly improper grounding of appliances and/or lightning strikes that pass through utility grounding wires.
- Bacteria that can cause corrosion, such as iron bacteria and sulfates.
- Hydraulic wear, caused by materials, such as grit, sand, and sediment, moving across the surface of the pipe.
- High velocity water, relative to the pipe size that causes hydraulic wear on the pipe surface, sometimes caused by pumps in hot water systems.
- An incorrect copper piping installation, where the ends of the pipe were not deburred or reamed and/or excessive acidic flux when the pipes were soldered together.
There is never a convenient time for water damage to strike your business. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. SERVPRO of Toms River has the training, experience, and equipment to handle large commercial flooding or water damage emergencies. Whether your water emergency occurs in a small office building or big box store, we will respond quickly to mitigate the damage and manage the restoration project through to its completion. In an emergency, give us a call 24/7 at 732-349-9898 and we will be there fast with the help you need.
Common Causes of Commercial Water Damage
SERVPRO of Toms River is extracting water from a clubhouse in Lakewood, NJ from a sprinkler system malfunction.
Common Causes of Commercial Water Damage
Ongoing maintenance to your commercial property is key to not having water related damage. Even with proper maintenance, there is still a chance that your commercial property could experience water damage.
Listed below are the most common causes of commercial water damages besides weather related storms:
- Broken or burst pipes and plumbing-water rushes out of them, spraying or leaking water throughout the building
- Sprinkler systems-any time there is a fire and the sprinklers activate, there will be water damage or the sprinkler system can malfunction and activate on its own
- Malfunctioning appliances such as refrigerators and dishwashers-when these appliances fail, they can leak a significant amount of water, flooding the entire room or more
- Sewer lines-It is not uncommon for the sewer lines to get backed up, releasing contaminated water into the building
Whenever water damage is experienced, you need to take immediate action. You have to determine where the source of the water is coming from first before you can begin the water remediation process.
Water damage is not something that you want to happen or plan to happen to your commercial property. When it does, you want to hire the right company to clean up the water damage to prevent further loss and get your business back to normal as quickly as possible.
Call us 24/7 at 732-349-9898 for your commercial water damage emergency.
Mold Remediation in Commercial Buildings and Schools
Mold Remediation in Commercial Buildings and Schools
Mold can be found almost anywhere. It can grow on virtually any organic substance, as long as moisture and oxygen are present. Mold in schools and commercial buildings, can grow on wood, paper, carpet, foods, and insulation. Mold will gradually destroy the things it grows on. Since mold requires water to grow, it is important to prevent moisture problems in buildings. Moisture problems can have many causes, including uncontrolled humidity. By controlling moisture and eliminating mold growth, you can:
- Prevent damage to building materials and furnishings
- Save money
- Avoid potential health risks
If you suspect your school or commercial property has mold, call SERVPRO of Toms River because it can spread quickly, if left untreated. We will begin the mold cleanup after the sources of water or moisture have been addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return. After the water or moisture problem has been resolved, we will begin by working to first contain the infestation to help prevent its spread to other parts of the building. Next, we will begin the remediation process, working safely and effectively to manage the situation. Our team has the training, experience, and equipment to contain the mold infestation and remediate it to preloss condition.
Suspect Mold? Call Us Today at 732-349-9898.
Please visit the EPA for more information on mold.
The Best Way to Reduce a Business Interruption Following a Disaster to Your Business is to Plan Ahead for One
We are in the process of drying a commercial building affected by water damage that flooded four classrooms and a hallway at a preschool in Toms River
The Best Way to Reduce a Business Interruption Following a Disaster to Your Business is to Plan Ahead for One
As many as 50% of businesses never recover following a disaster, according to the latest industry research. SERVPRO of Toms River can help you plan ahead for a disaster to minimize business interruption by developing an Emergency Ready Profile (ERP) for your business before one strikes. An ERP provides important contact and building information needed to begin a timely mitigation to help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your business. Benefits of an ERP include:
- A no cost assessment of your facility which means there is no need to allocate funds, giving you a great value at no cost.
- A concise profile document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency. It will only take a little time to complete and will not take you away from current projects. But it will save a lot of time if ever needed.
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster. This can help minimize the amount of time your business is inactive by having an immediate plan of action.
- Establishes SERVPRO of Toms River as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider. You have a provider that is recognized as an industry leader and close by, when needed.
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin. This saves time so we can begin the work of mitigating the damage which can save you time and money.
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas and priority contact information. Having a quick reference of what to do, how to do it and who to call provides solutions in advance of an emergency so that during the emergency you are “Ready for whatever happens.”
Contact us at 732-349-9898 for your free Emergency Ready Profile for your business.
What to Look for in a Commercial Restoration Services Company
The team in the water restoration process in a commercial building in Point Pleasant Beach.
What to Look for in a Commercial Restoration Services Company
So, you’ve decided it’s time to make the call and get your building in top shape, but there are lots of companies that are vying for your business. Which one should you trust? Here are a few things to look for when you’re choosing which commercial restoration services company will get the job done right the first time.
Call SERVPRO of Toms River at 732-349-9898.
Pick a Company with the Right Certifications
If you’re looking for a one-stop shop, be sure to go with a company that is certified in all areas. Here’s a quick guide to help you familiarize yourself with the various commercial restoration certifications and industry organizations:
- CCT - Carpet Cleaning Technician
- IICRC - Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification
- WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
- AMRT - Applied Microbial Remediation Technician
- OSHA - Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician
- RRT - Carpet Repair & Reinstallation Technician
- SRT - Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
- OCT - Odor Control Technician
- UFT - Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning Technician
If you just need a company to help with something specific, it’s not always necessary for your provider to be qualified in all areas, but if they are, it only increases the trust factor. It shows that they are as invested in the safety of your property as you are, and you won’t be as likely to have to hire multiple companies for the job to be completed correctly.
You should always be able to have your questions answered in a timely manner. It’s not enough for a commercial restoration services company to just go in and “take care of it” without giving you any context or reassurance. You want to be a part of the process and know a bit about what they’re doing in your building. We know that you have questions, so we make it our mission to give you the most thorough and accurate information possible.
Local + National
Choosing between a small independent provider and a large national company can be difficult, but with SERVPRO, you get both! We’re committed to our community, with a world of resources at our fingertips. You can hold us to a higher standard, and trust that we will meet and even exceed your expectations for service!
5 Types of Commercial Restoration to Call SERVPRO For
This hallway in a commercial building in Neptune City, NJ is in the drying process from water damage.
5 Types of Commercial Restoration to Call SERVPRO For
Whether you’re remodeling, restoring, or just trying to get up to code, calling a commercial restoration service should be your first move. You have to peel back the layers of any building and any damage it’s suffered before getting to work. Here are five times to call SERVPRO of Toms River:
- Any Sign of Potential Water Damage - If you see a leak that seems like “a small problem,” give us a ring right away. A small bit of water leftover from a storm or a leaky pipe is typically a very quick fix, but if you put off taking care of it, it can wreak havoc later on. Here are some preventative water damage tips you can take immediately when you spot the problem.
- Immediately After a Fire - Once the fire department wraps up their hard work putting out a fire, give us a call. Our fire restoration technicians are highly trained and ready to get your building back into safe and operating order.
- When Interior Humidity Levels Are Rising - If the humidity in your building is above 45%, you’re creating the perfect environment for mold, which can spread very quickly. Don’t wait until you see it. Sometimes it does not visibly show itself until it’s a serious health hazard. If you don’t want to rely on your gut instinct, we recommend purchasing a hygrometer. Here's a guide to help you choose one.
- Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning - Yes, we do that too! No matter what type of carpet or furniture you own, we have the equipment and the processes in place to get everything clean and fresher than ever.
- When You Can’t Get Rid of Musty Odors - If you can’t find the source of an unpleasant odor, it doesn’t mean you’re imagining things. A strong musty odor in your building can be a sign of a mold problem. Trust your sense of smell and give SERVPRO a call.
We are available 24/7 at 732-349-9898, so there’s no reason to hesitate in taking the steps necessary to maintain your property. The sooner you call, the sooner the problem will be solved!
Your Business is Flooded. Where Do You Start?
This medical building in Lakewood, NJ suffered water damage during a storm.
Your Business is Flooded. Where Do You Start?
Life in coastal New Jersey is beautiful, but it comes with its own set of risks. Living near the ocean makes our local businesses and communities more susceptible to the elements. Atlantic hurricane season, which in 2017 will be in effect from approximately July 1 to November 30, has the potential to cause damage to homes and businesses in many different ways, and even after it’s over, winter storms can also pose a threat.
SERVPRO of Toms River is prepared for anything Mother Nature throws our way. We know storms don’t always happen during business hours, which is why we’re available 24/7 at (732) 349-9898. We have access to the equipment and personnel of 1,700 franchises plus the help of disaster recovery team, who specialize in flood response. Here is our process for restoring a flooded business.
- Emergency Contact
Give us a call and we will assess the situation by asking you a few questions before our team mobilizes.
- Inspection and Water Damage Assessment
We inspect the property thoroughly, stop the source of the water coming in, and then test for contamination. After the contamination has been assessed, we survey the damage and complete a safety inspection.
- Move-Out/Water Removal
If we determine that your business has suffered extensive damage, we conduct an efficient move-out to protect your belongings from any further damage. Then we get started on water removal almost immediately, using submersible pumps and wet/dry vacuums.
- Drying and Dehumidification
We use industrial-grade dehumidifiers to prevent secondary water damage, and high-speed air movers to create airflow accelerating the evaporation process. Throughout this step, we carefully monitor moisture meters to be sure the property returns to an acceptable level before proceeding.
- Cleaning and Sanitizing
After the water has been removed, your business will probably require professional cleaning. We firmly believe in “restoring” over “replacing,” and thoroughly clean the affected area with sanitizing treatments to avoid the growth of microbes and bacteria. We also use industrial-grade odor removal equipment and air scrubbers.
After your business is clean and dry, our goal is to make your space “look like nothing ever happened.” If needed, we can even provide reconstruction and building services.
If a catastrophic weather event affects your business, it’s good to know that there’s a local company equipped to handle every step of the process. Rest assured that after SERVPRO has completed flood restoration on your business, you will be able to get back to a sense of normalcy at work.
SERVPRO of Toms River 732-349-9898