What Damage Can Floodwater Cause In My Island Heights Home?Home
What destruction does floodwater cause?
When floodwater gets into your Island Heights property, it can infect everything it touches because it usually contains harmful microorganism. Murky water can conceal insects and even life-threatening wildlife. The pooling floodwater can cause long-term damage to items such as:
- Drywall and wallboard - These materials are porous, and when they absorb water, they may become weak and remain contaminated even after drying.
- Floor coverings - Laminated covers with foam rubber backing, can be destroyed beyond repair. Carpets that come into contact with contaminated water need to be replaced.
- Electrical wiring and pipes - Flooding can cause pipes to break. It can also ruin electrical wiring, leading to electrocution hazards.
- Laminated wood and particle board: These materials can swell, separate, and weaken after getting wet, typically not salvageable.
Which restoration services does SERVPRO professionals offer?
Since floodwater poses health risks to humans, it is essential to let SERVPRO professionals conduct the restoration process. Before we start removing the contaminated water, we wear protective gear such as face masks, full bodysuits, rubber boots, and chemical resistant gloves. Our flood damage restoration services include:
- Floodwater extraction - We can use self-priming trash pumps to extract the floodwater. We classify the pumps as slurry, full trash, or semi trash. The classifications are mainly based on the size of solids they can pass. Semi-trash pumps can pass solids less than 5/8” while trash pumps pass solids up to 1¼″. Full trash pumps can pass solids over 3”, and slurry pumps can carry fluid containing mud or sand.
- Drying – Our team performs thorough drying using centrifugal air movers and dehumidifiers. The equipment can remove moisture even in confined spaces. We can dry the contents of your home off-site or on-site.
- Removing and disposing of non-salvageable items.
- Eliminating odors in the property by using different deodorizing products and equipment
Do not let flood damage distort your daily activities. Contact SERVPRO of Toms River at (732) 349-9898 for effective restoration. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.