Fire Damage Cleanup
Emergency Fire Tips: What Not to Do
SERVPRO of Toms River offers these tips on what not to do after a fire:
- Don’t attempt to clean any electrical appliances (TV sets, radios, etc.) that may have been close to fire, heat, or water without first consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. Wiring may be wet or damaged and cause electrical shock, and air movement may create secondary damage.
- Don’t consume any food or beverage that may been stored close to fire, heat, or water. (They may be contaminated.)
- Don’t send garments to the dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set in smoke odor.
- Don’t attempt to shampoo carpet, rugs, or upholstered furniture without consulting SERVPRO of Toms River.
- Don’t attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first contacting SERVPRO of Toms River.
Fire and smoke damage is especially destructive. In many instances your Ocean County property will also suffer from water damage from firefighting efforts. We specialize in fire and water damage restoration; it’s the cornerstone of our business. We have specialized equipment, specific training, and certifications that allow us restore your home to pre-fire condition.
We understand you may be feeling confused, stressed, and more than a little vulnerable. Our technicians will treat your family with empathy and your home with great care. Call us at 732-349-9898.