CAREing for Children and the Ocean County Business Association
Join SERVPRO of Toms River and the Ocean County Business Association with their adopted non-profit charity CAREing for Children. CAREing for Children distributes toys and food to needy, local families over the month of December for the holidays. The majority of the toys are delivered through other agencies, including:
- Island Heights Methodist Church
- Preferred Behavioral Health
- Ocean County Sheriff’s Office
- DYFS of Toms River
- C.E.A.N. Inc.
- Providence House
- Lakehurst Police Department and Fire Squad
- Lakehurst VFW
- Lakehurst Fleet Rescue
- Beachwood and Pine Beach Police
- Hope Center of Toms River
- Seaside Park Police and Borough
- Ocean Inc. of Barnegat
- Morning Star Presbyterian Church
- Joseph’s Church
- many individual families.
”The gifts are always unwrapped, so everyone can see what they are receiving. We categorize them by age group, sex, baby or young adult which helps the agencies tailor the gifts to their recipients,” explains Clare Bojus, chair of CAREing for Children.
CAREing for Children is a year round endeavor. The 60 plus members of the OCBA collect donations throughout the year at their monthly meetings and bring toy donations to their December meeting. Our largest fundraiser event is the Annual Marty Aronow Golf Classic in May.
To become a member of the OCBA or to donate to CAREing for Children, please visit the OCBA's website.