Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
Certified: SERVPRO's Three C's for Cleaning
SERVPRO of Toms River is "Here to Help" and Ready to Respond.
As we continue the battle against COVID-19, it’s important to feel confident that the place where we gather, shop or dine is clean and safe. SERVPRO of Toms River knows that we all have a new sense of what it means to be clean.
When you see that a local business in Ocean County has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you can be confident it’s been cleaned using the processes and procedures used by SERVPRO of Toms River for biohazard remediation for more than 20 years. This defensive and proactive pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond standard janitorial cleaning practices. We are dedicated to inspiring confidence in our community.
When you see the Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned shield, you can know that space has been cleaned to a higher standard, so you can feel safe to go there. This thorough deep COVID cleaning has 3 phases called the “3 C’s”:
- Consult-We customize a cleaning program based on the unique needs of each business.
- Clean-In this step, our trained professionals will use EPA-approved hospital-grade cleaning solutions to clean a facility based on the particular needs of that business. We adhere to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the CDC, cleaning all touchpoints and surrounding surfaces.
- Certify-You’ll know a business is Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned by the shield posted on their front window. Our shield represents their commitment to the comfort and security of their employees, customers, and community.
Whether or not you’ve had a positive case of the novel coronavirus, we can deep clean your business or commercial property as a proactive measure that will give your employees and customers confidence in gathering there. Interested in our Commercial Services? Call SERVPRO of Toms River today at 732-349-9898.
Did You Know That SERVPRO of Toms River Offers Water Damage Cleanup and Reconstruction?
SERVPRO of Toms River is your one-stop shop for residential and commercial reconstruction.
First we must understand what reconstruction means? Reconstruction is the act or process of rebuilding, repairing, or restoring something.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Toms River for Water Damage Restoration and Reconstruction?
SERVPRO water damage restoration and reconstruction services will ensure our customers can work with SERVPRO of Toms River on all aspects of their water damage. We will be there at the start to the very end, rather than contracting with multiple vendors and dealing with several points of contact. Working with one company on all aspects of a reconstruction project will save our customers time and money and eliminate the need to plan out a project with multiple vendors. SERVPRO customers now will have one project manager, one point of contact, and one schedule.
Customers who put their trust in us with their water damage emergency and reconstruction project will know they are in the best hands. Our SERVPRO crew are experts in the water damage cleanup and the reconstruction process and our customers are presented with the highest level of customer service, 24/7 365 days a year.
SERVPRO of Toms River has over 20 years of experience in the restoration, remediation, mitigation and reconstruction of residential and commercial properties. Our team understands the extent to which water can damage a property and offer high quality repair, rebuilding and construction services. We are a full service water mitigation and reconstruction company. We will take care of the entire process from water extraction and cleanup, drying, content cleaning, restoration, and finally the reconstruction.
Book Mold, Foxing or Age-Tanning?
It can sometimes be hard to distinguish between mold on books and what is known as foxing and age-tanning because at first glance they look similar.
How should I store or pack my books to prevent mold?
If stored in a good environment, paper made in Europe from the late medieval period through to the mid-19th century tends to be in good condition. Paper made after the mid-19th century, however, may be affected by the poor quality materials from which it was made. From the mid-19th century onwards, increasing demand for reading material coincided with the development of mechanized papermaking and printing. This allowed the widespread use of cheap and plentiful wood pulp as the raw material for paper making. Wood pulp can simply be ground up and then made into paper. This type of pulp, known as groundwood, contains all the acidic components that are present in the wood. Paper made from groundwood pulp, e.g. newspaper, is cheap to produce but inherently very acidic, according to the Victoria and Albert Museum. The use of groundwood in old books can immediately be identified by the way the paper has turned a rusty-orangey-brown as the acids in it work away at the fibers, according to Rhollick.
Avoid storing books in attics, basements and garages and keep boxes slightly off the floor and away from the walls. This prevents damage from minor flooding and the airflow will help avoid insect damage and mold. For long term storage of valued books, individual, archive quality, boxes are a great option.
How often should I perform regular maintenance on my books?
Removing books from shelves once or twice a year to dust them will keep them clean and is a good way of noticing problems with mold or insects before too much damage is caused.
Besides mold, what else can cause yellow/brown/orange spots or browning on books?
- Age tanning, or browning, occurs over time on the pages of books. This kind of deterioration is commonly seen in books printed before the advent of acid-free paper in the 1980s, according to Biblio.com. Tanning tends to start from the outer edges of books and moves inwards over time, thus creating a yellowish or brownish border on the pages. This process can show up on just the edges of pages, when this occurs it is sometimes referred to as "edge tanning." The end papers of books are usually more acidic than the rest of the pages, so they undergo tanning faster. The process is more noticeable in the areas where glue has been applied to the back or where bookplates or newspaper cutouts have been kept says freelance writer, Satabdi Mukherjee. The browning of pages in older books will continue to be both part of the charm and challenge of book collecting.
- Foxing describes disfiguring small yellow brown spots or blotches on paper. Two main causes are mold and iron contaminants in the paper. Molds feed on the paper itself, as well as any dirt or organic material on it, for example, finger marks, food stains and squashed insects. Tiny metal impurities can be found in paper as a result of the original manufacturing process. Damp conditions will cause iron contaminants to rust. In some cases a conservator may be able to reduce the disfiguring effect of foxing, but in many cases you simply have to accept this old damage.
Is old-book smell always mold?
No. Explained best by Ann Elizabeth Wiener for the Science History Institute, that no one can deny that old books have their own distinct scent but that does not necessarily mean they have mold. Some love “old book smell’ while others despise it but everyone can agree that it is a potent, unmistakable smell but it can be a hard order to describe. That may be because no two books smell exactly the same. The complex scent is actually an amalgamation of specific chemical markers of decay that combine with how a book was made and how and where it was stored and used by the people who have touched it. In essence, when we breathe it in, we are simultaneously smelling the life and the death of a book. The paper, inks, and adhesives that make up a book contain hundreds of volatile organic compounds (VOCs). As these components break down, VOCs are released into the air, and we detect them in the form of that distinctive odor. (New books release their own, very different VOCs. Inks, solvents, adhesives, bleaching agents, and other chemicals involved in modern manufacturing processes combine to produce the crisp, synthetic smell you notice when you snap open a freshly printed text. Environmental factors, such as the kind of climate or room a book was stored in, whether it was dusty or dirty or exposed to constant sunlight or mildew, all contribute to a book’s smell profile. So to sum up, just because a book can smell like it’s past does not mean it has mold.
What may cause mold on my books?
Air carries moisture and paper is really good at absorbing water out of the air. Water rapidly escalates the deterioration of paper so humidity is extremely harmful to your books. Try to keep your books in a controlled humidity situation, according to BookWritten.com. Mold growth is caused by high relative humidity or dampness, combined with poor air circulation. Relative humidity measures the amount of moisture that is in the air relative to the maximum amount of moisture that the air could hold at that temperature. If conditions become dryer and relative humidity drops, the mold should become dormant, but will reactivate again if relative humidity rises. If you have mold on books, try to locate the source of the dampness and address the underlying cause of your problem.
What to do if you find mold in your books in your Toms River home, study, office or library?
SERVPRO of Toms River specializes in mold remediation, the cornerstone of our business. We have the training and expertise to safely handle any mold situation. Call us today at 732-349-9898 today for your mold damage emergency.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Toms River for Fire, Smoke and Soot Damage Cleanup in Your Bayville Home?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster. We’re dedicated to responding immediately when you need help with fire damage.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Toms River for Fire, Smoke and Soot Damage Cleanup in Your Bayville Home?
- Free Estimate-SERVPRO of Toms River will write up a free estimate for your fire damage emergency cleanup service in your house, condominium or apartment.
- Work with Insurance–We will work with insurance company when it comes to removing smoke, soot and even water from firefighting efforts caused by extinguishing the flames.
- Timely Response–We understand that time is of the utmost importance after you experience a fire. Our team will arrive as soon as it is deemed safe to start your restoration process.
- Certification– SERVPRO of Toms River is IICRC certified.
- Reputation– We let our past clients speak through reviews to make sure that you have the best company working for you. We have a long history of happy customers and great service in the Ocean County and surrounding areas.
- Experience– We have over 20 years of experience within our local community and are true professionals.
- Availability– We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year for all fire damage emergencies your home.
We’re Fire Damage Specialists
There is no substitute for training and experience. As fire and water damage specialists, our business is built upon fire and water restoration expertise. We have the knowledge and the specialized equipment to get your property back to pre-fire condition.
- Fire & Smoke Restoration Technician
- Odor Control Technician
- Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning Technician
Is there a difference between mold and mildew? Can we prevent either or both from growing in our home?
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (732) 349-9898
Mold and mildew are not the same but they do share a number of key characteristics. Both are common types of household fungi and both thrive in damp, humid environments. They are both destructive and beneficial. They both spread from surface to surface easily. To better understand the differences, first we need to know what each is.
Mildew is a kind of mold and is known as a surface fungi. Mildew grows on top of flat surfaces and does not penetrate surfaces and grow into the material. Mildew needs the same elements (warmth, darkness, oxygen, and moisture) mold needs to grow. Mildew can grow and spread just as quickly as other molds, but it can be treated without much trouble. According to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), mildew is considered to be early stage mold .
Mold is a living organism that belongs to the kingdom Fungi, meaning mold is a type of fungus. Mold cannot make its own food like plants do so it must gain nutrients from other organic substances. Mold does not really eat its food, but it does absorb nutrition from other organisms by secreting enzymes that break down the food substance into smaller organic molecules that can then be absorbed.
Did you know that there are than 100,000 species of mold? Luckily, only about 80 have the potential to cause health effects to humans.
Now that we know the similarities between the two and what each one is, let’s look at what makes them different:
- They both affect the home but cause different types of damage. Mildew usually causes less damage than mold and the damage is usually more cosmetic.
- Mildew’s tendency to only grow on flat surfaces is another of the main differences that exist between the two.
Here is how we help can prevent both mold and mildew from growing in our home:
- Keep everything dry if possible.
- Use a dehumidifier to keep humidity at a safe level for your home.
- Change air filters regularly.
- Use your eyes to look for signs of mold or mildew growth.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Toms River?
We are highly trained mold remediation specialists and have the experience, the expertise, and the advanced training that enables us to get your property restored quickly and thoroughly. We also use advanced mold remediation techniques and equipment
Why Use SERVPRO for Your Business’ Restoration and Remediation Emergencies?
SERVPRO of Toms River handles all types of water, fire and mold cleanup, restoration and remediation.
When your business experiences an emergency from a natural disaster, plumbing issue, fire, or flood, you need to act fast to limit financial loss, and keep your business open. Commercial restoration companies, like SERVPRO of Toms River, offers several services to bring your property back to its original condition, something you likely can’t do by yourself if you have suffered extensive damages.
What are SERVPRO of Toms River’s Qualifications to Handle My Business’s Emergency?
- We are an IICRC Certified Firm, which ensures top-level standards and ethics surrounding restoration processes.
- We have high ratings on sites such as Google and Facebook and we often testimonials on our website to showcase previous clients’ reviews. Here at SERVPRO of Toms River, we are very proud to say that we get many customer reviews about our technicians for their knowledgeable, understanding and their attention to detail.
- Our highly trained team of specialists work extensively in the disaster recovery field and handle all aspects of disaster cleanup. Our technicians have certifications from the IICRC to prove that they have the skills and necessary training to perform all required tasks.
- We will deal with your insurance company after a disaster to make everything as smooth as possible during this stressful time. Our business is to get you back to your business as soon as possible. If your business is still able to function during the restoration process, we will do everything possible to minimize disruption so that you can remain as efficient as possible.
- Our quick response time can help stop further damage and keep costs from increasing.
What types of emergencies can SERVPRO of Toms River handle for your business?
- Mold Removal
- Fire Damage Restoration Service
- Water Removal and Cleanup
- Sewage Cleanup
- Bio-hazard Cleanup
Contact SERVPRO of Toms River today for all your business’ water, fire and mold emergencies at 732-349-9898.
What Information Does SERVPRO Collect in the Job Scoping Phase?
Available 24 hours a day/seven days a week, SERVPRO of Toms River responds quickly to your Toms River business’s fire and water damage emergency.
The job scoping phase for business is one of the vital efforts that our SERVPRO of Toms River team begins as soon as we arrive. This inspection and evaluation of the property help us determine the structure's condition and what must get done to restore it. Careful documentation and readings get conducted during this phase to ensure that all parties, including our fire restoration professionals and the insurance adjusters, know what to expect when restoration and mitigation efforts begin shortly after that. Job scoping seeks to determine:
- Environmental Conditions – The conditions in the environment can vary from one fire-damaged structure to the next. Often, circulating particles like soot can have hazardous effects on those exposed. Air quality control, as well as many different emergency services, must occur before other restoration actions can take place.
- Content Damage – Because your shop is your livelihood, you are often concerned with how damaged your stock and wares have become. Careful evaluation on an item-by-item basis can help designate which corrective actions can happen on-site in which your content needs restoring in our nearby warehouse.
- Structure Damage – There is no mistaking how destructive fires in Point Pleasant Beach can be to the building itself. Structural damage must get addressed as soon as possible because breaches in the building's envelope affect how efficient and thorough restoration actions like cleaning, drying, and deodorization can be.
- Estimated Costs – Job scoping is also vital for our project manager and crew chief to determine the work's estimated costs. Documentation of the damage and the corrective actions needed to recover the property helps the insurance company designate the appropriate amounts for the restoration of the building and its affected items.
Whether you need water or fire damage cleanup, mold removal, storm or flood cleanup, sewage and bio-hazard cleanup, professional cleaning services or Covid-19 cleaning services, SERVPRO of Toms River handles it all.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Toms River?
SERVPRO of Toms River is always here to help.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Toms River for Emergency Damage Cleanup?
We stay up-to-date with the most advanced technology and techniques. With these advancements, SERVPRO can restore your property swiftly, reliably, and to its preloss condition. We show up to the job with the materials and equipment required to do the job. At SERVPRO of Toms River, we use moisture detection and measurement equipment, drying equipment, odor removal and deodorization, sanitizing agents, germicides, and anti-microbial treatments. Each and every emergency is different so we tailor it to your individual needs.
Did You Know SERVPRO of Toms River is Available 24/7 for Emergency Calls?
Disaster strikes at any time of day or night. It does not wait for a more convenient time. Because time is of the essence, we are available 24/7, including weekends and holidays, for all your commercial or residential emergency cleanup needs in New Jersey. Our crews respond quickly to emergency calls to the minimize damage and to keep it from causing secondary damage.
What Are Our Certifications and Experience?
We are an accredited IICRC (or Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification) business. The IICRC is the non-profit certifying body for the cleaning and restoration industry. We have 20 years of experience in fire and water repair and restoration, mold remediation and storm damage cleanup industry.
We will coordinate the whole process from start to finish to make your life easier and will get you back in your home or business faster. Call SERVPRO of Toms River today at 732-349-9898 for all you emergency cleanup needs.
How Soon Should SERVPRO of Toms River Clean Up Water Damage in Your Business?
A brief description of the water damage timeline from SERVPRO of Toms River.
After water damage occurs in your business, the cleanup process can seem overwhelming and irreparable. We are able to get your commercial property dry and get you back to business quickly.
How Soon Should SERVPRO of Toms River Clean Up Commercial Water Damage?
The longer water sits, the more time it has to cause even further damage. Within minutes of the water spreading, it can get absorbed into the walls, flooring, furniture and belongings. Between 1 and 2 hours, drywall swells, metal tarnishes and furniture begins to warp. After 48 hours, mold can begin to grow, doors begin to warp and metal begins to rust. After 1 week, structural safety becomes a major concern.
To answer the question when should you call us, the answer is as soon as possible to prevent further damage and cost.
What Commercial Properties Does SERVPRO of Toms River Specialize In?
- Small Office Buildings
- Large Office/High-Rise Office Buildings
- Apartment Buildings
- Small Retail Stores
- Large Retail/Big-Box Stores
- High-Rise Residential
- Manufacturing & Industrial
SERVPRO of Toms River has the training, experience, and equipment to handle large commercial flooding or water damage emergencies. Whether your water emergency occurs in a small office building or big box store, we will respond quickly to mitigate the damage and manage the restoration project through to its completion. Learn more about learn more about our training and certifications.
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
- Odor Control Technician
- Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning Technician
Commercial Water Damage? Call Us Today (732) 349-9898.
What Should Homeowners Do About a Wet and Sagging Ceiling?
For water damaged ceilings, call SERVPRO for restoration--We're Faster To Any Size Disaster
Contact Restoration Professionals at SERVPRO for Rapid Response Water Removal for Toms River Homes
It can be frustrating and daunting to find a sagging, water-damaged ceiling on your Toms River property. Homeowners can expect to pay between $400 and $1,200 on average to fix these damages. However, those costs can skyrocket to anywhere between $2,000 and $8,000 for extensive structural damage if left unchecked. The average price of ceiling repair is approximately $50 to $100 per square foot.
SERVPRO is available day and night to provide water removal services for homeowners in Toms River. This firm coordinates with both you and your insurance adjuster to ensure that claims are filed quickly and easily on your behalf. Your local SERVPRO is also licensed to provide general contracting services for more thorough restoration after removing water damage from your property (license #13VH04999700).
How Do SERVPRO Tools Accelerate the Restoration Process?
Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC)-accredited technicians at SERVPRO are not only trained to adhere to restoration industry guidelines. They also receive extensive training and education in using both sophisticated technologies and tried-and-true techniques for home disaster mitigation. These tools include the following:
- Sophisticated moisture measurement technologies, such as calibrated sensors and meters, and thermal imaging, help establish structural drying goals and determine water damage locations behind walls, above ceilings, and under floors.
- Industrial-grade air movement equipment, including centrifugal air movers and ventilation box fans, which
- OSHA approved cleaning solutions that aid in the remediation of microbes and unpleasant odors from water damage.
- Odor control modalities that address a variety of sources, including pet odors, water damage, and mold.
- Moisture extraction tools, like extraction wands and truck-mounted units, make the structural drying process hundreds of times more efficient.
What Are the Causes and Signs of Ceiling Water Damage?
There are many ways that ceiling water damage can befall a Toms River home, including the following:
- Pipe leaks and burst pipes.
- Appliance leaks in upstairs rooms or attics, including the HVAC system.
- Bathroom leaks or waterproofing failures.
- Refrigerator or dishwasher leaks.
- Washing machine failures.
Finding the source of leaks and mitigating the water damage is a highly involved process that requires specific tools to accomplish. Homeowners are advised to contact a trusted restoration firm for your mitigation and restoration needs. SERVPRO performs this service 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year, including weekends and holidays, to minimize structure and contents damage and microbial growth resulting from moisture exposure.
What Should Homeowners Do If They Notice Their Ceiling Is Sagging?
Toms River homeowners with sagging ceilings should go through these steps to quickly remediate damage to their home:
- Stabilize the leaking area of the ceiling. Move the contents of your home away from the leakage area where possible. Catch the water with a bucket or other deep, nonporous container. Consider adding a tarp to prevent damage to your carpet.
- Locate and identify leaks causing the sagging. This process can be challenging because water damage can manifest quite a ways away from the leak source. Porous materials like drywall can absorb significant amounts of moisture. If you are concerned about a leak, look for the following common signs of water leaks in your home:
- Missing caulk
- Broken or cracked pipes
- Leaky drains or supply lines
If you are unsure of the source of the leak, shut off your water main and contact a licensed plumber. Keep any documentation you receive from repair professionals for your insurance claim
- Contact a restoration team as quickly as possible for mitigation. Restoration technicians like those at SERVPRO receive extensive training in structural water damage cleanup and drying. Other services rendered include odor control, sanitation with EPA-registered biocides, and mold remediation that can improve the safety and indoor air quality of your property.
Do SERVPRO Structural Drying Tools Work for Ceilings As Well?
SERVPRO tools do accomplish structural drying for water-affected ceilings. This process typically involves removing the drywall that is sagging so that technicians can replace it with a fresh installation after repairing the damage. Depending on the leak’s location, partial removal of drywall may also be necessary to circulate air from air movers above the ceiling or underneath the subfloor above the leak. This process also allows dehumidifiers to capture moist air and eliminate it from the property.
SERVPRO of Toms River keeps disaster-affected homes looking, “Like it never even happened.” Call (732) 349-9898 to begin the mitigation and restoration process at any time of the day or night.
What is the Best Way to Handle Water, Storm, Fire, or Commercial Restoration Emergencies for Your Toms River Properties?
When the storms of life cause you to need emergency restoration services, SERVPRO of Toms River is available. We are always ready to take your call.
SERVPRO is Equipped for All of Your Toms River Commercial or Residential Damage Restoration Needs
For nearly two decades, Ocean County residents and its towns and cities like Toms River have seen the fast response and experience of our SERVPRO team in action. We cannot predict when devastating disasters will strike, including water, fire, mold, and storm losses. We also have dedicated professionals to address more severe conditions like biohazard cleanup and other threatening situations. We want to be a comprehensive solution when emergencies occur.
Fire Damage Restoration
Fire losses are the second most common callout for Toms River properties. Because of this disaster's frequency, we have a full roster of professionals dedicated exclusively to fire restoration, including odor removal and upholstery cleaning. We can appreciate how traumatic and stressful newly extinguished fires can be for homeowners. We help you navigate the obstacles to secure damage claims and get restoration started as soon as possible.
What Happens to Fire-Damaged Belongings?
Content management is among the first steps that we take when we arrive at your Toms River property. We understand that the contents and personal belongings within a structure can often be more valuable and sentimental to many property owners than the building itself. Fire losses can have a dramatic and fast effect on personal belongings, furniture, contents, and fabrics within the path of migrating effects like soot, smoke, and odors. We have three primary areas of content management, and these include:
- On-Site Relocation
- On-Site Cleaning/Recovery
- Off-Site Restoration at SERVPRO Facility
What Steps Restore My Home?
Fire loss restoration is not a one size fits all solution for each property in Toms River or its surrounding areas. The steps required to return your home or business to the preloss condition often involve several stages beginning with mitigation efforts like fire debris removal and air quality control but leading into other pertinent needs of your home, including structural repair, soot removal deodorization.
Unlike residential threats that can affect a single family, a loss incident in your Toms River commercial property can impact hundreds of people. The building is relied on to be available during its regular operating hours between your staff and customers. At the pace of business, teams like our SERVPRO professionals need to respond when disasters strike your business immediately. We have pre-stocked trailers loaded with our water and fire restoration equipment that can help us to manage even substantial loss situations quickly.
Does Cleaning need to Occur After a Disaster?
Cleaning is always a vital element of every loss incident restoration solution available. No matter what disaster strikes your Toms River company, the path to thorough restoration involves intricate cleaning practices on both the structure and its contents. We have EPA approved cleaning products and experienced cleaning technicians to address both the destructive effects of emergencies and less urgent situations like vandalism and graffiti.
How Can I Maintain a Safe and Sanitary Workplace?
With the country still working through an understanding of devastating diseases and viruses such as COVID-19, a safe and sanitary workspace has never been more prevalent. Because of this growing need in the workplaces that we have always served, we have revamped and focused our cleaning efforts, products, and practices to better suit our Toms River clients' needs. Our Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned program features the highest available measures for:
- Surface Wipe Cleaning
- Applying Disinfectant
- Antibacterial Treatments
Water Damage Restoration
There are hundreds of causes of water loss incidents for Toms River homes and businesses, which means that it can strike without warning. The threat of water loss incidents is a year-round event from cold snaps that can burst pipes within your walls to appliance malfunctions or clogged AC condensers. Because of its frequency, our professionals stay prepared for these emergencies 24/7. This commitment involves ensuring that the appropriate extraction, drying, and cleaning tools are also available to mobilize as soon as they are needed.
What Steps Get Taken First to Protect My Water-Damaged Home?
Repairs might be one of the first steps necessary in your Toms River home. Our contractors can determine where breaches exist in the plumbing lines, appliances, or other home areas that allow for water damage. Addressing these problems first can ensure that water service can get turned back on in the house. In this initial phase, mitigation steps must also begin. The protection of your home and its property hinges significantly on the effectiveness of this preliminary effort. Some of these techniques and practices include:
- Content Management
- Job Scoping
- Water Damage Documentation
What Can Effectively Dry My Damaged House?
As with any water loss situation for Toms River homes and businesses, drying is crucial in returning a property to its original condition. These efforts vary based on the severity of the case, but ultimately involves several similar tools from one site to the next. We utilize capable drying equipment such as air movers, dehumidifiers, and portable electric heaters.
Storm Damage Restoration
There is no mistaking that storm events can impact Toms River homes and businesses quickly and fiercely. In recent years, we have seen hurricanes and other severe weather events that have compromised the structural integrity of hundreds of buildings and residences in our service area. Because of this frequency in storm events, we fixate so heavily on a fast and reliable response for every customer.
What Are the Emergency Services Contractors First Perform?
We seek to provide a comprehensive solution that blends our property's restoration and mitigation needs with the experienced reconstruction and repair capabilities of our in-house contractors. Some of the emergency services that we administer on both sides of this equation include:
- Board Up
- Tree Removal
- Temporary Fencing
- Controlled Demolition
How Do You Remove Standing Water?
Removing standing water is one of the ultimate objectives after a flood loss in Toms River homes. We utilized several extraction tools, including submersible pumps, wet vacuums, and weighted extractors.
Calamities do not wait for a convenient time to strike, so our SERVPRO of Toms River team is available whenever you need it. Contact us today at (732) 349-9898.
Do I Need to Sanitize My Toms River Home After a Fire?
Fires can happen without warning and you are going to need a company to come in and take care of the damage. Call SERVPRO for fire damage remediation.
Sanitizing your Toms River Home After a Fire Protects your Home from Unanticipated Damage
Ideally, you will never experience a fire in your home in Toms River. However, accidents can happen due to our behavior or some malfunction. Regardless of the cause, when fire attacks, you need to take quick action to restore your home before the aftermath becomes unmanageable.
Protecting your Toms River home from fire damage requires a professional team like ours at SERVPRO. Failure to enlist the best in the business to help you assess the damage and establish an action plan can hinder your ability to overcome it. Relying on DIY solutions can leave you vulnerable to future complications, so it is best to resort to our team, which is available around the clock to help you.
Do I need a professional technician to purify my air?
Fire leaves a myriad of issues behind, from the soot, smoke to the disruption caused by extinguishing agents. However, the acrid smell left lingering in your home can become the most infuriating consequence. When our SERVPRO team evaluates your damage and takes action to remove it, we also incorporate industry best practices to make the foul odor leave your home. Among the equipment, we may use to kill odor molecules we include-
- Ozone generator- this portable machine releases ozone into your home. In turn, ozone and smell molecules interact until they are eliminated.
- Thermal foggers- spray a fine mist throughout your home, allowing deodorizing agents to settle on your furniture and surfaces.
- Deodorizing pellets- a less complicated option, deodorizing pellets can help neutralize the smell of smoke throughout your home.
A home fire disrupts your life, but it doesn't need to derail it. Call SERVPRO of Toms River at (732) 349-9898 and let us guide your restoration efforts. Together, we can leave your home, "Like it never even happened."
Click here to learn more about Toms River.
What Caused the Mold in My Toms River Basement?
As soon as signs of mold colonies get found, call SERVPRO of Toms River at (732) 349-9898 for expert mold remediation.
SERVPRO techs can diagnose the reason and establish a plan of action for handling mold infestations in Toms River properties
The majority of basements, finished or unfinished, have poor ventilation, and being below grade tends to easily lean towards being a moister environment than the rest of a Toms River home. Once an infestation begins, it needs professional mitigation, or chances are it will not get better. There are only three critical elements that mold needs to invade a home successfully:
• Sustained air moisture levels over 50%
• Organic materials to consume such as wood or paper
• Temperatures over 70 degrees Fahrenheit for optimum growth
What Can I Do About Mold in My Basement Bathroom?
When bathroom facilities get installed in a Toms River basement, the need for mold remediation may arise. One of the main reasons for this is the need for an injection pump to replace gravity that works for toilet flushing on upper levels in a home. Diligence is needed for these hardworking pieces of equipment because if they develop a leak, the already moist air conditions create a perfect environment for mold growth, which can spread rapidly across sheetrock. It is a good idea to perform an inspection monthly to ensure small leaks get handled before they become big problems in the home.
Necessary Actions for Cleanup From Mold Damage
Once sheetrock has a mold infestation, it requires removal as it has no potential for restoration through cleaning. The techs carefully cut off the damaged portions and expose the framework underneath for drying, cleaning, and the application of antimicrobial sealant as needed to inhibit the reestablishment of any colonies post-mitigation.
As soon as signs of mold colonies get found, call SERVPRO of Toms River at (732) 349-9898 for expert mold remediation. The techs have extensive training in the safe handling of this type of infestation and can restore your home to its preloss condition.
SERVPRO of Toms River: We are the Cleaning Experts
SERVPRO of Toms River technicians are cleaning and sanitizing a local church in Toms River, NJ. We are Here to Help.
SERVPRO of Toms River is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call SERVPRO of Toms River Today for a Proactive Cleaning at 732-349-9898.
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today.
Why Your Business Must Have an Emergency READY Profile from SERVPRO of Toms River
An estimated 50% of businesses do not recover after a disaster. Do not become one of them. Call SERVPRO of Toms River for your ERP today.
The SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile (ERP) is a tool that can help prepare your business for anything that 2019 may bring. It is a quick reference document, detailing important building and contact information. It can be an ideal supplement to any existing emergency preparedness or contingency plan. Rather than simply reacting to a disaster, be proactive by establishing a relationship with a restoration company. We are a leader in fire and water damage response and can help you get your property back in working order.
The advantages of having an ERP with SERVPRO of Toms River:
- A no cost assessment of your facility.
- A concise profile document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency.
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster.
- Establishes us as your local disaster mitigation and restoration provider.
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin.
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas and priority contact information.
Don't wait until disaster strikes. Call us today so we can get your business "Ready for whatever happens."
Call the Cleanup Team that is Faster to Any Size Disaster
SERVPRO of Toms River on site for fire cleanup at a house in Waretown, NJ.
Fire damage in a home can be a stressful event for any property owner. Damage to personal belongings and the contents of your property is a huge concern. Timely mitigation is the key to controlling damage, while reducing downtime and recovery costs. SERVPRO of Toms River understands how disruptive fires can be for our customers. That is why we offer 24 hour emergency. Our rapid respond team and our trained technicians will help limit damage and get your get back to preloss condition. We will be there to help you restore order quickly.
No fire damage is too big or too small for SERVPRO of Toms River. With experience in mitigating damages ranging from small one room apartments to large commercial buildings, our crew can provide quick response to virtually every situation.
No matter when disaster strikes, call the cleanup team that's faster to any size disaster. Our team is always ready, on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Benefits of Mitigation from SERVPRO of Toms River
SERVPRO of Toms River restoring property to make it "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO of Toms River promotes restoration rather than replacement when possible to save you from higher damage costs. Our technicians strive to restore your items to preloss condition. The cost to restore damaged contents is a fraction of the cost to replace. Replacing flooring, drywall, and all of your furniture is expensive. Restoring your home is a lot less expensive than replacing everything in your home. Items such as family heirlooms and photographs can not be replaced, so we try to restore all that are savable.
Why choose SERVPRO of Toms River for your mitigation needs?
Choose us because we are a national leader in the cleanup and restoration services. Our effective results are the result of consistent training and execution. Our trained technicians provide timely response with mitigation services ranging from fire, smoke and soot removal.
You have a choice when it comes to who to trust with your home. Choose SERVPRO of Toms River and let us help you make it “Like it never even happened.”
Why Choose SERVPRO of Toms River for Your Business Emergency?
When you need a quick response for your business emergency, call on SERVPRO of Toms River.
SERVPRO of Toms River understands that there is no such thing as a small emergency when it can negatively impact revenue loss and business continuity. Timely mitigation is key to minimizing damage, business interruptions and recovery costs.
We provide 24/7 365 days a year emergency service because when you need us, you need us fast. The sooner we arrive, the better chance we can reduce damage and save money.
SERVPRO of Toms River has trained, uniformed professionals that will be there from beginning to end of the process. We will walk you through the job process and then work quickly to restore your property to preloss condition.
You and your business will appreciate the rapid response, expertise and training that enables us to help you get your facility back into operation quickly.
Call us 24/7 732-349-9898 for any size water or fire damage emergency.